News & Updates
Stronger Together: COVID-19 Updates
Branch Hours and Access
The coronavirus (Covid-19) has become a part of our daily lives. It has affected our families, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. At AEA, we continue to be committed to doing what is best for the health and safety of our team, community, and you, our valued members.
Since the start of this pandemic, we have had six team members test positive for Covid-19. At first sign of contact or symptoms, our employees have been proactive in informing us of the situation and self-isolating. We then have been proactive in immediately informing employees who worked near them or had contact with them.
- The week of June 29th, we received confirmation that our first member-facing team member at our Foothills Branch tested positive for Covid-19. The employee was last in branch on June 23rd. In an abundance of caution, the Branch was deep cleaned, sanitized, and fogged.
- The week of July 6th, we received confirmation that a member-facing team member at our Central Branch tested positive for Covid-19. The employee was last in branch on July 1st. In an abundance of caution, the Branch was deep cleaned, sanitized, and fogged.
- The week of October 5th, we received confirmation that four member-facing team members at our Somerton Branch tested positive for Covid-19. The employees were last in branch on October 2nd (1 employee) and October 9th (3 employees.) In an abundance of caution, the Branch was deep cleaned, sanitized, and fogged.
We are committed to doing our part in stopping the spread of Covid-19 through the following efforts:
- Our branches, including all back-office areas, are thoroughly sanitized and deep cleaned on a nightly basis by a professional cleaning crew.
- Fogging is being done weekly at all Yuma County branches.
- Staff regularly sanitize and clean their areas throughout the day.
- We have installed glass partitions along teller windows and member service desks and social distancing markers along the floor.
- Staff and members at all Yuma County branches are required to wear face masks.
Remember, we are here for you. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please reach out to discuss your options with one of our experienced team members. As we work together to get through the coming months, we are grateful for the dedication of our team, strength of our community, and for you, our valued members - today and everyday.
Access Your Accounts On-the-Go
We offer a variety of other options to access your accounts, apply for new services, and contact us.
- AEA Online Banking & Mobile App: View account activity and balances, make loan payments, transfer funds, and deposit checks using mobile deposit.
- Call Tellerphone at (888) 371-8849: If you are enrolled, check your account balance, transfer funds, and make loan payments.
- Visit a Surcharge-free ATM with your AEA Visa® Debit Card: You have access to nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide, just look for the 'Co-Op' logo on the ATM.
- Call 928.783.8881 or Chat Live at aeafcu.org: Available during normal business hours.
- Apply for Loans Online: You can apply for a loan from your living room or backyard.
IRS Economic Impact Payments
Economic Impact Payments, or stimulus payments, are being distributed. These are automatic for most taxpayers who filed returns in 2018 and 2019. To get all of the latest information, the I.R.S. website is posting regular updates.
- Tax Return Filers: For those who have filed before, the IRS will use the account they have on file for you. If you received a paper check, coming mid-April, the IRS will have an online form for you to complete. Learn More>>
- Tax Return Non-Filers: If you don’t file taxes, use the "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here" application to provide simple information so you can get your payment. Get Started>>
Still not sure how this will work? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau put together a helpful blog post with frequently asked questions.
Notice of Annual Meeting and Election of the Board of Directors
You are invited to attend AEA Federal Credit Union’s Annual Meeting on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 3:00pm in our Central Branch Conference Center, 1780 S. 1st Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364. The meeting will include the election of one Board Member. Face masks will be required for those attending and social distancing measures will be in place.
AEA Recognized by the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program
AEA Federal Credit Union was recognized recently by the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program as achieving the Gold level of excellence in worksite wellness.
The Healthy Arizona Worksite Award recognizes employers that are making efforts to positively affect the health and well-being of their employees, their families and their community by implementing comprehensive worksite wellness strategies. The minimum qualifications to be considered for this award include attending the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program training and developing a plan to improve employee health and safety. To qualify for the Gold level of the award, employers need to support employee health through policy and systems changes.
AEA Federal Credit Union received this recognition by supporting employee health and engagement in a variety of ways. An internal ‘Wellness Team’ made up of employees from different areas of the credit union coordinate monthly wellness events for staff including hikes up Telegraph Pass, walks in the park, weight loss challenges, fruit in all break rooms, and more.
“We spend nearly half of our waking hours at work, so it’s important for us to provide a workplace that is committed to the health and well-being of our team,” said Adele Sandberg, President and CEO of AEA Federal Credit Union. “It is part of our workplace culture, it’s a “win-win” for AEA and the employees who participate, and we believe strongly in our strategic pillars, one of them being, ‘together be better.’”
The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program is a public health initiative offered by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH). Its mission is to help employers learn how to successfully implement worksite wellness initiatives to improve the health of their employees and businesses. For more information, go to www.healthyazworksites.org.
Peter Barron Stark Companies Honors AEA Federal Credit Union for Workplace Excellence
August 2019 - AEA Federal Credit Union has received the “Award for Workplace Excellence” from Peter Barron Stark Companies (PBS). The award is based on the results of the PBS 2019 Employee Opinion Survey of AEA employees. The honor is awarded to exceptional organizations committed to a culture of workplace excellence and is limited to those that achieve an overall favorable response exceeding 80.0 percent on their Employee Opinion Survey. AEA Federal Credit Union joins other outstanding organizations who have received this honor.
The award recognizes workplace excellence based solely on actual employee feedback regarding a broad range of customized engagement and workplace factors. The survey process provides employees with an efficient way to provide feedback that is heard at all levels of the organization.
“Organizations who receive this award are focused on creating a culture of workplace excellence and see significant improvement not only in their organizational results but in the number of engaged employees as well,” said Peter Stark, President of Peter Barron Stark Companies. “We are thrilled to recognize the AEA Federal Credit Union leadership team in their dedication to growing an organization that values and appreciates its employee resources.”
Upon receiving the award, Adele Sandberg, President/CEO of AEA Federal Credit Union commented, “It is our goal to create an environment where employees love to come to work and feel valued. Receiving this award validates that we have a strong team comprised of exceptional employees committed to achieving high levels of performance.”
AEA Federal Credit Union Receives Bauer’s Top 5-Star Rating and is Named Best of the Best by MemberXP
April 2019 - BauerFinancial, Inc., the Nation’s Premier Bank and Credit Union Rating Firm based out of Coral Gables, Florida, salutes AEA Federal Credit Union, Yuma, Arizona for its financial excellence. AEA Federal Credit Union earned Bauer’s highest (5-Star) rating for financial strength and stability. This rating indicates that AEA Federal Credit Union excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.
“The People Helping People ideology that engenders credit unions”, observes Karen Dorway, president of BauerFinancial, “is alive and well. Credit unions base decisions on relationships, not just on numbers. We seem to be coming to a point where human interaction is regaining importance. Technology is an invaluable tool, but only when it enhances the member experience. AEA Federal Credit Union has never lost sight of that.”
AEA was also designated as one of 2019’s “best of the best” credit unions by MemberXP, a credit union member experience measurement platform. The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year. This prestigious award is given to fewer than one in five of the high-performing credit unions using MemberXP’s service evaluation platform. A credit union cannot apply for this award. It is independently granted by MemberXP based on specific criteria including member service and ease of use.
“AEA Federal Credit Union’s top scores indicate a real commitment to doing what is right for members,” said Constance Anderson, founder of MemberXP. The MemberXP platform utilizes mystery shops and member surveys to gauge the overall member experience across multiple delivery channels and specific experiences such as getting a loan or opening a new account.
“Receiving the 5 Star Bauer rating and being recognized as Best of the Best by MemberXP is a testament to the efforts of our dedicated board of directors, leadership team and staff,” states Adele Sandberg, AEA’s President/CEO. “The future is bright at AEA and I am honored to be a part of such a great organization and team.”