News & Updates
Stronger Together: COVID-19 News and Updates
We are committed to doing what is best for the health and safety of our team, community, and you, our valued members. AEA Federal Credit Union continues to follow Governor Ducey's new guidance provided in the Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger Order. Based on this order, we will continue our temporary branch access changes.
- Central Branch lobby is only open to members 65 years of age and up. The drive-thru is open during normal business hours. Drive up and walk up ATMs are available.
- Foothills and Somerton Branch lobbies will continue to be closed. Drive-thru's at these branches are open during normal business hours and ATMs are available.
- Parker Branch lobby is limited to 10 people at a time, open during normal business hours, and the ATM is available.
- Albertsons Branch will remain closed. The ATM is available.
- On Saturday's, the Central and Somerton Branch drive-thru's are open from 10am-2pm.
We will get through this, together. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, we want you to know that we are here to help. Please reach out to us to discuss your options with one of our experienced team members.
We have had the privilege of serving you for 78 years and we are proud to be your local credit union. Through thick and thin, our communities are the shining example of the credit union philosophy of people helping people. As we work together to get through the coming months, we are grateful for the dedication of our team, strength of our community, and for you, our valued members - today and everyday.
Paycheck Protection Program for Businesses
Has your business been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic? We are here to help! AEA is a qualified Paycheck Protection Program lender and can assist current and new business members through the process. We understand how important it is for local business owners to take care of your staff and keep your business running during this difficult time. Please call us at (928) 783-8881 to get started.
IRS Economic Impact Payments
Economic Impact Payments, or stimulus payments, are being distributed. These are automatic for most taxpayers who filed returns in 2018 and 2019. To get all of the latest information, the I.R.S. website is posting regular updates.
- Tax Return Filers: For those who have filed before, the IRS will use the account they have on file for you. If you received a paper check, coming mid-April, the IRS will have an online form for you to complete. Learn More>>
- Tax Return Non-Filers: If you don’t file taxes, use the "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here" application to provide simple information so you can get your payment. Get Started>>
Still not sure how this will work? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau put together a helpful blog post with frequently asked questions.
Access Your Accounts On-the-Go
We offer a variety of other options to access your accounts, apply for new services, and contact us.
- AEA Online Banking & Mobile App: View account activity and balances, make loan payments, transfer funds, and deposit checks using mobile deposit.
- Call Tellerphone at (888) 371-8849: If you are enrolled, check your account balance, transfer funds, and make loan payments.
- Visit a Surcharge-free ATM with your AEA Visa® Debit Card: You have access to nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide, just look for the 'Co-Op' logo on the ATM.
- Call 928.783.8881 or Chat Live at aeafcu.org: Available during normal business hours.
- Apply for Loans Online: You can apply for a loan from your living room or backyard.
As we move forward, it is important to get your updates from reliable local, national, and worldwide sources, including:
Peter Barron Stark Companies Honors AEA Federal Credit Union for Workplace Excellence
August 2019 - AEA Federal Credit Union has received the “Award for Workplace Excellence” from Peter Barron Stark Companies (PBS). The award is based on the results of the PBS 2019 Employee Opinion Survey of AEA employees. The honor is awarded to exceptional organizations committed to a culture of workplace excellence and is limited to those that achieve an overall favorable response exceeding 80.0 percent on their Employee Opinion Survey. AEA Federal Credit Union joins other outstanding organizations who have received this honor.
The award recognizes workplace excellence based solely on actual employee feedback regarding a broad range of customized engagement and workplace factors. The survey process provides employees with an efficient way to provide feedback that is heard at all levels of the organization.
“Organizations who receive this award are focused on creating a culture of workplace excellence and see significant improvement not only in their organizational results but in the number of engaged employees as well,” said Peter Stark, President of Peter Barron Stark Companies. “We are thrilled to recognize the AEA Federal Credit Union leadership team in their dedication to growing an organization that values and appreciates its employee resources.”
Upon receiving the award, Adele Sandberg, President/CEO of AEA Federal Credit Union commented, “It is our goal to create an environment where employees love to come to work and feel valued. Receiving this award validates that we have a strong team comprised of exceptional employees committed to achieving high levels of performance.”
AEA Federal Credit Union Receives Bauer’s Top 5-Star Rating and is Named Best of the Best by MemberXP
April 2019 - BauerFinancial, Inc., the Nation’s Premier Bank and Credit Union Rating Firm based out of Coral Gables, Florida, salutes AEA Federal Credit Union, Yuma, Arizona for its financial excellence. AEA Federal Credit Union earned Bauer’s highest (5-Star) rating for financial strength and stability. This rating indicates that AEA Federal Credit Union excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.
“The People Helping People ideology that engenders credit unions”, observes Karen Dorway, president of BauerFinancial, “is alive and well. Credit unions base decisions on relationships, not just on numbers. We seem to be coming to a point where human interaction is regaining importance. Technology is an invaluable tool, but only when it enhances the member experience. AEA Federal Credit Union has never lost sight of that.”
AEA was also designated as one of 2019’s “best of the best” credit unions by MemberXP, a credit union member experience measurement platform. The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year. This prestigious award is given to fewer than one in five of the high-performing credit unions using MemberXP’s service evaluation platform. A credit union cannot apply for this award. It is independently granted by MemberXP based on specific criteria including member service and ease of use.
“AEA Federal Credit Union’s top scores indicate a real commitment to doing what is right for members,” said Constance Anderson, founder of MemberXP. The MemberXP platform utilizes mystery shops and member surveys to gauge the overall member experience across multiple delivery channels and specific experiences such as getting a loan or opening a new account.
“Receiving the 5 Star Bauer rating and being recognized as Best of the Best by MemberXP is a testament to the efforts of our dedicated board of directors, leadership team and staff,” states Adele Sandberg, AEA’s President/CEO. “The future is bright at AEA and I am honored to be a part of such a great organization and team.”